PLEASE NOTE THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW FOR NEW BLOG!!

Monday 30 November 2009

Rainy days & Mondays........


........dont always get me down!
My lovely little lad started school in September and today it was my turn to spend an hour in class to see just what he gets up to.It is Monday,it was raining and a multiples of 4 & 5 year olds are really not my cup of tea at the best of times!The noise inside was what you would expect,but all those chubby faces topped off with bed hair,was a cheery sight to warm even the coldest heart!They had just put up their Christmas tree.Amongst the sea of red sweatshirts was my own rosy cheeked cherub pasting gloopy glue onto a cardboard stocking with glee!3 other equally charming boys were around the table ,all applying glue liberally and shunning the dishes of twinkly glitter.It didnt seem so very different to my own memories of school in the run up to Christmas, when a tinsel trimmed angel costume was the object of my desire and the daily emptying of the red cardboard letterbox was met with eager anticipation! It was an unexpected hour of magic,finished with storytime, I sat on the carpet next to my beaming son and felt a tiny arm go around my back as a little girl wiggled up beside me and snuggled into my side.I hoped, as she gazed up at me,that she didnt notice me blinking back the tears........
.............this afternoon I went to the hairdressers who washed and conditioned, snipped and dried my limp winter hair until it was as fine and soft as a babies..........bliss! Then out in the street I had to battle to protect my locks from the downpour,I dashed into a 'cheap n cheerful' shop for shelter and my eyes lighted on a bunch of plastic tulips! Pastel coloured plastic tulips-pink,lemon and light orange-fabulously kitsch and not even trying to look like the real thing...sold! Clutching my tulips I braved the rain and suddenly I didnt care that my hair was damp and that my boots had let the water in.........
..............later back at my lovely mamas house,she gave me a box of delights {see above} and my Happy Monday was complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there,don't be shy,have your say............