PLEASE NOTE THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW FOR NEW BLOG!!

Wednesday 30 December 2009

Frosty Fancies.......

.....I could'nt let these delights pass through my-hands-without giving them blog space,so at least their short,sticky lives will not have been in vain!Tunnocks tea cakes,dare I say it,but Im really not that interested in whats on the inside,yes I know its shallow,but for me its all about good looks!They are so very handsome,the tea cake box is a triumph of colour & graphic design,some Christmases ago I found this big box on sale in Sainsburys,complete with the cheeky Tunnocks boy picture & choc full of mallows-cue,much excitement from me & some very bemused Sainsburys shoppers!For as long as I can remember,I have bought a box of these at Christmas,& every year they sit on the sideboard-shiny,stripey,star topped foil intact-resplendant in their box,waiting to be unwrapped,for someone to delight in their perfect brown shell & soft fluffy mallow,& in a final act of worship,to carefully smoothe every crease out of the foil wrapper....& still they wait!But just like Roses lime cordial (I miss the lovely old glass bottle!) & Maraschino cherries (still in the cupboard!)-it would'nt be Christmas without them!
.....as for these,Frosty Fancies from the house of Kipling-the minimalist cousins of those kitsch French ones!A triumph Mr K-just made for my new spotty plate (thankyou mama) & unlike the teacakes,not around for long.....well,'Mr Kipling does make exceedingly good cakes!'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there,don't be shy,have your say............