PLEASE NOTE THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER ACTIVE PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW FOR NEW BLOG!!

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Tis 'the season to be jolly.......
















....deck the halls with boughs of holly.....





Its nearly here,how the days have flown in a flurry of preparation for those two special days!But they really are special,& yes we all know about the awful bits of Christmas;Slade,DFS adverts (no,you don't need a new sofa in time for Christmas!),queues-for everything,'novelty'gifts,I could go on.Mostly it is special because we spend time with those we love,we send cards to those we have'nt seen for years,but remember fondly,we pop in to see friends for a cuppa,lovingly choose & wrap gifts.We all love to moan about Christmas too,its part of the annual ritual,but how we would miss it!Making merry & making memories,like most,the smell of the Christmas tree or a satsuma are the smells of my nostalgia,conjuring a jumble of festive images,taking me on a sentimental journey!So here it comes again,faster than Santas sleigh,leaving chaos in its wake,robbing us of money,robbing the supermarket of parking bays,stripping the shelves of bread,sprouts,everything,taking with it charitable thoughts & a sense of humour & leaving us on the 27th of December dazed & confused!And here I am midst my own yearly sprint to Christmas Eve,wondering if I will reach the finish line-where new pyjamas & bed before midnight,are my dangling carrot-presents still to wrap,mince pies to make,washing,ironing......and I am tapping away at my laptop with my solitary finger (new years res'-learn to type!) blogging,like I have all the time in the world!But I have missed my blog & my finger was bored of sticking sellotape & I know this time tommorrow night I will be puffing & panting the last few metres of the mad dash & telling myself I'll make better time next year,but at least I will get my pyjamas & I will sleep the sweetest sleep of the year! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there,don't be shy,have your say............